Professional Extremity Manual Therapy
Many patients’ symptoms are treated based on the symptom presentation without the underlying cause of the problem being properly understood. An individual’s movement complaint should be broken down to find the region and structure involved in order to appropriately resolve the symptoms. By working on the impairments found from the evaluation, the functional and structural pathological stresses are relieved allowing the patient’s symptoms to improve. We value the importance of educating our patients regarding their condition, treatment, and changes to lifestyle to empower the patient to continue to manage their condition once they have completed therapy.
Our philosophy is to utilize clinically relevant procedures that precisely correlate the patient’s symptoms to the signs found in our testing. Our physical assessment ties together the painful movement patterns to the structures involved. Once we localize the region, we develop an understanding of the mechanics that irritate the structure. In the surrounding region we qualify the joint, soft tissue, and neural tissue that is interrelated to the pathology.
Orthopedic Spine & Sports Therapy treats, but is not limited to, the following common diagnoses:
- Shoulder: Rotator Cuff (RTC) Tear/Repair, Impingement, Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis), Dislocation, Labral Repair, Shoulder Replacement, and Arthritis
- Elbow/Wrist/Hand: Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis), Golfers Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis), Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tendon Repair, Fractures, Dupuytren’s Contracture, Trigger Finger, and Arthritis
- Hip: Femoral Acetabular Impingement, Hip Dysplasia, Labral Repair, Bursitis, ITB Syndrome, and Hip Replacement
- Knee: ACL/MCL/LCL/PCL Tear/Repair, Meniscus Tear, Patellar Tendinitis, Knee Replacement, and Arthritis
- Ankle/Foot: Ankle Sprain, Plantar Fasciitis, Bunion/Bunionectomy, and Arthritis